To promote and impart quality professionals and bring about technical education and holistic transformation of students to make them globally competent in this competitive and challenging world.
Emphasis on student centric learning to inspire critical thinking, personal growth and lifelong passion for learning. Commitment to the highest standards of academic rigour and vitality. Serving social, cultural and economic needs of the community & the society.
Characteristics of Distance Learning:
- Age No Bar
- Flexibility in rules and regulations.
- Special facility to bring the dropouts in the main stream by condoning break in studies.
- Admissions twice a year, in calendar year (January batch) and academic year (July batch).
- Quality print material is provided by the university in SLM format only in English language.
- Well defined minimum and maximum duration of each programme
Study based on credit system and students are at ease to accumulate credits as per their convenience and availability of time.
- Evaluation of students on the basis of Internal assignments (30% weightage) and Term-End-Examination (70% weightage).
Characteristics of the Study Material:
- States clearly objectives and learning outcomes.
- Contents broken in to various headings and sub-headings that cover each learning objectives.
- Self Learning Exercises and check your progress questions are inbuilt in the study material.
- Unit structure has been given in the beginning of the unit.
- Provides plenty of examples, charts, graphs, tables and equations wherever necessary
- At the end of each unit summary, glossary has been provided.
Advantages of Distance Education:
- Learning at your own pace, speed and convenience.
- Just-in-time learning; more opportunities to learn the latest and the updated study materials.
- Reaching the unreached; reaching those with restricted mobility (dropouts, housewives, handicapped, elderly people).
- Accessibility for those with family responsibilities (parents with young children at home).
- Exposure to telecommunication technology and access to media-rich learning environment.